1. Select the File a Case button and choose File an Application for Interlocutory Appeal.
2. Enter the names of the Appellant and Appellee, and choose whether you will pay by check, by credit card, or if your client is indigent. If you choose to pay by credit card or check, you must select whether the Case Type is “Civil” or “Criminal.”
Note: Amended Supreme Court Rule 5 (Costs) (amended effective March 1, 2012) prohibits the Clerk from receiving or filing an application without requisite costs or sufficient proof of indigency. If you elect not to pay by credit card at the time of your filing, payment of costs or a proper affidavit of indigency must be RECEIVED by the Clerk’s Office prior to filing. Filings received without payment of costs or sufficient proof of indigency will be rejected.
3. Select the trial court “type,” “county,” and “trial court” judge from the drop down lists, and type in the certificate of immediate review date and the judgment date.
4. Enter the trial court case number(s) and choose add.
5. Select “Next” once all the information is added.
6. Enter the attorney information for all parties.
Note: You may also add a party at this time, if needed.
7. Select “Browse” to upload the application. The file being uploaded must contain the application, a copy of the trial court order/judgment, a copy of the certificate of immediate review, and a copy of the Certificate of Service. The file must be in searchable PDF format. Once your filing is selected, choose “Next.”
Note: If your filing is larger than 20 MB, you may add additional filings by clicking “Next.”